4 years later; a reflection on my time at university.

On November 4, 2021, four amazing and challenging years of university culminated in the graduation ceremony for the class of 2021. It was surreal and strangely unexpected—even after all of the testing, preparation, and exams, it doesn't feel like it could possibly be time to graduate. University was a stressful couple of years, where I shed some tears over assignments, struggled to fit in. But I also learned so much about myself as a personEven through all the struggles of late nights studying, the need to adapt quickly to new subjects, new lecturers, and struggling to master new techniques, it still feels like it's gone by too fast. It's bittersweet, also, to be writing a blog post about my time at Mogadishu University (MU) after four years.

I'm extremely grateful for the experiences I've had at MU. Over the past four years, I've been taught by a wonderful faculty and also by an extremely dedicated and inspirational team of public administrators.

My Public Administration experiences have been diverse, and I've learned from every single one about different aspects of public administration—not just about an instrument for providing public services, but also as a government instrument, establishes a stabilizing force in our society, an instrument for implementing policies, serves as a basis of the government, serves as an instrument of social change and economic development, essential for the development of civilization, formation of public opinion, and as a study of the discipline. 

Seeing and understanding the needs of the community we are working in is crucial. I've been given advice that I will continue to use throughout my career—particularly the need to stay current on the problems of the society that are the same as ours, that even the society understands the beliefs of the government itself, and many more.

There are millions of people, mostly children, who do not have the opportunity we have today, and who are committed to learning but cannot. We must always thank Allah (SWT), our volunteers, motivators, mentors, heroes, our parents who made every effort to educate us, as most of them did not have the opportunity to celebrate with us, as well as the lecturers and everyone who has helped us to reach this level. I don't think there is anyone today who knows how to reward them but, we are always able to pray for them and show that we are the mother of their struggle.

What will I miss most about MU? The answer is, unquestionably, My lecturers instinctively taught me, the administration I respectfully worked with and the friends that I have made there. In addition to a stellar education, MU has a way of connecting you with other people. I've made friends there who I know will be my friends for life—and I'm proud to know that the friends that I have made are dedicated and passionate and will make incredible civil services.

Finally, we are faced with a society that is tired, struggling with destruction, ignorance, conflict, and tribalism. All we can do is serve them faithfully and apply what we have learned. Note that there is a difference between educated and uneducated people. We are being watched by millions of people who hope to serve them, and what we are looking forward to bringing hope to our nation.

I'd like to congratulate the class of 2021 on our graduation from MU, and wish everyone the best of luck. We've all worked hard, and I know that we'll continue to do so in our careers as civil servants. 

Congratulations!

 

 


Comments

  1. Wow! You did it greatly. Congrats! Through the four years you have been at MU, you've gained education and skills which will undoubtedly help you to achieve this incredible milestone. Your future seems to be a brighter and hope remains with grace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations 🎉!! Brilliant Reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gargaarka shisheeye: ma gumeysi maskaxeed mise gurmad!

A Double Burden: How the New VAT is Squeezing Somali Citizens Without Government Services

A decade of strive: what the future holds for Somali youth after accession to the EAC